Thursday, February 5, 2009

Two For the Price of one!

It's rare that I post more than once in a day, in fact I think this could be a first!
Well I've just signed up with ABS, the "product" behind the new Social Network I joined recently. I admit I am sceptical. I'm not normally a fan of prescribed Plans, they reek too much of fads or diets to be honest but this is something that's been put together by a friend of mine in Taekwon-Do, and a lot of it fits in with what I already know about my own sense of nutrition and training. And from flicking through the ebooks, it looks like a lot of hard work, which hopefully is a sign that it's not a faddy gimmick. My Coach has already signed up to it thus giving it a silent yet powerful thumbs up. So I'm going to give it a go.
I downloaded the eBooks today and from what I can make of it so far, it all ties in with the general Fitosphere principles - eat fewer starchy carbs, eat more fresh produce, drink lots of water, do strength training regularly (3-5 sessions per week), interval cardio sessions instead of endurance. All makes good sense.
I'm not considering myself to be officially started, seeing as I haven't read the eBooks, nor have I done necessary grocery shopping, but I have started implementing a few ideas already. Like having Baked Chicken Fillet & Roasted Root Vegetables for lunch, and sprinkling ground flaxseeds in my yoghurt. There's a lot of material provided though, so I just need to find a way to print a couple of 100 pages at work, then I'll get back to you with a proper review!

2 comments:

Missicat said...

Sounds interesting - keep us posted!

Charlotte said...

Interesting! I'm excited to see how your experiment goes!